As part of the “31 Days of Service” commitment to communities across the country, members of the Brkthru Tampa crew volunteered at the Tampa Bay Humane Society (HSTB). The team helped care for, played with and took animals out for walks.
The HSTB is a non-profit organization that provides shelter for homeless &and at-risk animals, adoptions, hospital and TNVR services for the public. The shelter takes in more than 10,000 animals each year and relies on volunteers to help care for them.
The HSTB provides a variety of services to animals in need, including:
- Adoption: The HSTB helps to find loving homes for homeless animals.
- Spay/neuter: The HSTB offers free or low-cost spay/neuter services to help reduce the number of unwanted animals.
- Veterinary care: The HSTB provides veterinary care to animals in need, including vaccinations, microchipping, and treatment for illness or injury.
- Education: The HSTB offers educational programs to help people learn about animal care and responsible pet ownership.
- Advocacy: The HSTB advocates for animal welfare and works to improve the lives of all animals.
The volunteers had a great time volunteering at the shelter, and highly likely we will be back either to volunteer or adopt an animal!
Thank you, Shawn Dressler, Patty Racener, Lauren Mangini, Nathan Foster, Robert McNair, and Shawn’s wife Amanda joined us as well, making this a family day of service!
“31 Days of Service” commemorates Brkthru’s anniversary month by supporting its employees with the time off to give back to their communities. It’s another demonstration of how service is so important to Brkthru, who we are and what makes us different.